I love sharing my passion for making and enjoying music. Learning the violin requires discipline and focus, balanced with an environment that is encouraging and fun. My priority is to make this musical experience positive and productive for students and families.
I have been learning and playing music since I was 6. I started studying the violin when I was 17. I received a Bachelor of Musical Arts with Distinction followed by a Bachelor of Education from the University of Western Ontario. Teaching and playing the violin is what I love to do. I have been teaching for over 10 years and currently have about 20 students. I am a part of the Stratford Perth Youth Orchestra and enjoy playing with the Stratford Symphony Orchestra as well as many formal and informal events. My new passion is fiddle music, which I am pursuing with glee through authentic fiddle teachers and local traditions.
- Bachelor of Musical Arts (University of Western Ontario)
- Bachelor of Education (University of Western Ontario)
- 2011: Every Child Can, Suzuki Book 1 with Daphne Hughes
- 2013: Suzuki Book 2 with Ed Sprunger
- 2015: Suzuki Book 3 with Karen Michelle-Kimmet
- 2016: Southwestern Ontario Suzuki Institute
- 2017: Fiddle Seminar with Karen Reed
- 2018: Southwestern Ontario Suzuki Institute
- 2019: Goderich Celtic College
- 2021: Suzuki Book 4 with Kathleen Spring
Violin Teacher, Stratford Ontario